Anyway...here is the menu for the week
Monday: Hawaiin Haystack (we never made it around to this last week)
Tuesday: Roast Beef Sandwiches. Easy peasy. Stick a roast in the crock pot. Pour over the top an envelope of Au Jus and a cup or so of water. Cook it for a long time. Shred the meat and viola, sandwiches. Oh, and if you're feeling fancy add some swiss cheese and sauteed mushrooms. Mmmmm.
Wednesday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Aren't birthday's lame-o? Maybe I should have a sleepover with all my good buddies...or something. Ha ha. I am thinking of some Chinese Chicken for this day...one of my favorites. BUT, I'm not sure I'm up to the HOURS it takes to make it (cutting the chicken, rolling the chicken, frying the chicken, and then you still have to bake it!). We'll see.
Thursday: Sandwiches (It's work night and I have a bunch of leftover buns from Sunday)
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Lasagna with Sweet Potato and Cauliflower
This is my favorite lasagna recipe, taken from Deceptively Delicious (introduced to me by Meggin). It turns out awesome and not soggy or watery (ewe).
Preheat oven to 350. For the meat filling, cook 1 lb hamburger sprinkled with salt and pepper. When no longer pink, sprinkle 1 TBSP flour and 1 1 /2 cloves chopped garlic. Cooke for a minute or two longer. Off the heat, stir in 2 TBSP sour cream, 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (steam it in the microwave), and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
For the sauce...I use jarred sauce and add some more parmesan.
For the white cheesy goodness...blend in a blender or food processor 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 large egg white, and 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower.
Now assemble! Spread some sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 pan. Add some noodles (I use oven-ready) and then layer some meat and cheesy goodness and sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat (or use your own layering strategy). Bake with aluminum foil about 40 minutes and then uncovered for another 10.
Sunday: I am thinking...leftovers or some Rice Pudding. We'll see how it goes.
There ya go! And can I just say that I had to take a short break to run Sierra up to her friends and sometimes my children shock me. I told her to go ask "the mom" what time I should pick her up. So, there she goes up the steps...and walks right in the front door without even knocking! When she came back to the car I asked her if she really did walk in their house. She smiled at me and nodded her head yes. Seriously! Here's hoping that my children are not the ones that eat at your every nerve when they are playing at your house. And if they're manners are no better than those of a barn animal, please help me out and feel free to kindly correct them cuz' obviously I am missing a few things!
3 comments:
Travis thinks it would be bad to fall asleep in the tub too! I always tell him how wonderful it would be to go take a nap in the tub or how great it would be if our bed were a giant bath tub! He always tells me that it would be dangerous and we would die. I LOVE sleeping in the tub!
I Too, love the beef sandwiches, especially with the mushrooms and swiss cheese. I'm wondering if I can find enough left overs to make myself a 'sandwich'.
Thanks so much for posting your meals. It has motivated me to be better and hey maybe one day I will post mine :). Just so you know your kids are always great at my house and are always welcome anytime.
Post a Comment