Monday: Baked Chicken Pasta Penne. This is a freezer meal from "Our Best Bites." Don't forget to add salt! I neglected to at the end and it will ruin the whole dish. Beans and Peaches.
Tuesday: Cheesy Potato Soup and Bread Sticks. I won't give you a potato soup recipe because I make it up every time, but here is a great and quick bread stick recipe that originally comes from my aunty Sharon:
Soften 1 pkg (1 Tbsp) yeast in 2 cups warm water with 1 Tbsp sugar.
Add 1 tsp salt and gradually add 4-4 1/2 cups flour. Turn out on floured board and knead until smooth. LET REST 10 MINUTES. Grease a 10X15 pan (I use my cookie sheet). Sprinkle parmesan cheese on the bottom. Roll out dough and put in pan (I roll it out in the pan). Spread melted butter on top, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, garlic salt and parsley flakes. Cut into sticks with a pizza roller.
Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Take out of pan as soon as baked.
Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (crock pot), steamed broccoli and pears.
Throw some chicken in the crock pot (however much will feed your family...1lb?)
Mix the following and pour over the top.
1 1/2 cups ketchup
3 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP cider vinegar
1 tsp ground hot red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp garlic poweder
Cook on high for a couple of hours. Shred it and put on toasted buns. Yummy!
Thursday: Leftovers or Breakfast
Friday: Scones (if I can find a suitable recipe)
Saturday: Leftovers or make Jason cook something spectacular :)
Sunday: Salisbury Steaks (recipe from Shannon), mixed fruit and green beans
1 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste
1 egg
Mix and shape into patties. Brown in a skillet (don't need to cook all the way through).
Mix the following for gravy and Heat a bit:
1 Can Cream Mushroon Soup
! Can water
1 package dry onion soup mix
Put a little gravy on the bottom of a cake pan and arrange in a cake pan (can stack the patties) and then pour the rest of the gravy on top.
Cover with tin foil. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
And there you go! Now I just need to go shopping!
4 comments:
Love it! I'm gonna try to work the Chicken Penne and the BBQ Chicken sandwiches into my menu sometime soon!
Mmmm. That Chicken Penne Pasta is going into my freezer meal plan. I've got 6 weeks to delivery, and I'll be happy if my freezer has 20 dinners in it by then. I'm thinking I'll probably double this recipe so I can get 4 meals out of it.
First of all - I love that you have a blog! I have to add you to my blog list. I love to blog stalk, and I will definitely have to watch yours if you are doing menu plans. My goodness! I rarely know what I'm making until that day. Its something I need to work on. If I get better, I will post!
You mean the scones that mom used to make? To most people, scones are more like baking soda biscuits.
Anyway, there's not much to it. There's a recipe for "German Scones" out there (just Google it) that looks about right. I made donuts and scones together and just used some of the donut dough and fried it up the same as the donuts and it worked fine.
The question I had was whether you had to let the dough rise again before you fry it, and I don't think you do. I gave it maybe 10 minutes before frying and they still got light and puffy.
Post a Comment